Friday, August 25, 2006

El Duque is tired

Tara Sullivan at North Jersey.com writes about the reason that manager Willie Randolph resting Orlando Hernandez for a start:

Citing overall tiredness, Mets manager Willie Randolph said Thursday that Orlando Hernandez is going to skip his scheduled start tonight, with rookie Brian Bannister returning from his rehab assignment to take the mound instead. Hernandez, speaking to reporters prior to Thursday's series finale against St. Louis, insisted he is not injured.

"This is the first time in the last three years [I've thrown] consecutively for 25 starts," said Hernandez, who is 7-5 with a 4.85 ERA in 15 starts since being traded to the Mets on May 24. "I'm feeling good but a little tired. I don't have pain. I think maybe I'll miss one start."

No comments: