Monday, August 21, 2006

Wright on sticking his tongue out

At his blog, Wright Now, David Wright explains his habit of sticking his tongue out:

First of all, I like to think of it as more Michael Jordan than Gene Simmons. I’ve been doing it forever, though. In grammar school, I would have my tongue out while I was taking a test and my teachers would tell me about it.

I don’t even think about it, but every picture I see of myself playing baseball, I see my tongue sticking out. It’s become kind of a running joke.

I don’t think about it or try to do it, but one thing you’ll notice is that whenever you see me with my tongue out, it’s always a moment when I’m really trying to concentrate and stay focused.

So whenever you see me with my tongue out, rest assured that I’m concentrating and 100-percent focused.

No comments: