Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Mets Need Perez To Have A Big Year

John Delcos at Lo Hud, writes about Oliver Perez and what he means to the Mets:

For the Mets to return to the NLCS or go beyond they will need big years from a lot of people, perhaps none more than Oliver Perez. The Mets have age on the front and, and inexperience and ineffective questions on the back end.

"I thought I showed them something last year," Perez said. "I've been working hard. I want to show them I can pitch here."

Perez has all the tools and has tasted success before his career was derailed in large part by coaching in Pittsburgh that wanted to change him into a finesse pitcher.

I believe a key for the Mets to repeat will be a big year from Perez.

Perez will start today against Detroit, followed by Alay Soler, Billy Wagner, Aaron Heilman and Jon Adkins.

No comments: