Tuesday, February 14, 2006

WHAT TIME IS IT??? IT'S LIMA TIME!!!!

The Mets signed Jose Lima to a minor league contract today. Having lived in Los Angeles as recently as a year ago, I had an opportunity to experience "Lima-Time" - in the form of starter Jose Lima, first-hand, and I have to admit that I was enthralled by his personality and real "hit or miss" brand of baseball. T. J. Simers, of the LA Times, loved Lima because he made for great copy, with his colorful quotes, win or lose, and as a paying fan, I loved to watch him battle and leave everything he had on the field, every game he pitched. That being said, I have no doubt that he will not make our starting rotation this year, but we definitely need arms during the World Cup tourney, so as another arm in camp, bring on Jose...but let's pray we don't need to rely on him during the season- because then it would be "Hammer-Time" for the orange and blue...

No comments: