Monday, September 25, 2006

Zambrano back in the clubhouse


Steve Popper at North Jersey.com writes about Victor Zambrano and his return to the Mets clubhouse:

Tucked in the far corner of the clubhouse, Victor Zambrano was lounging on a chair in front of a locker -- his locker for the moment. While Zambrano won't pitch for the Mets again this season and maybe not ever, he was in town Sunday and wearing a Mets' T-shirt.

Zambrano flew to New York to be examined by team doctors, a final clearance for him to begin throwing, which he expects to do within two weeks. He wasn't around for the clinching Monday, but said he will be with the team during the playoffs.

"I feel I'm a part of this team, even if I'm not here," Zambrano said. "Every day I follow what they do and I will be here for the playoffs."

No comments: