Monday, April 30, 2007

Maine Is Off To Great Start

Mark Hale at The New York Post, writes about John Maine and how good of a start he's off to:

Maine's 4-0 this year and his ERA - 1.35 - ranked yesterday as the second best in the National League behind the Braves' Tim Hudson.

"It is," Billy Wagner said, when told that Maine's month has been so marvelous. "But after what we saw in the playoffs and his demeanor, I guess a lot of us aren't that shocked."Nevertheless, Maine's season has been surprising. He was a good pitcher for the Mets last year and his postseason outings were impressive. This season, though, Maine has been exceptional. He's given up 18 hits in 33.1 innings - a fantastic ratio - and the Mets are 5-0 in games he starts. "I'm pleased,"

Maine said of his strong April. "I've still got a lot of stuff to work on. I've got five more months. I've just got to keep it going. The month's over, and I've just got to worry about May now."

No comments: