Sunday, April 30, 2006

pEdRo'S bAcK...

I drove to San Diego last week, after purchasing (online) great seats for Sunday's game only 3 days prior, for Zambrano's chance to sweep the series from the Pads. Of course, it wasn't to be, and for some reason, since he's been acquired, no matter what state or town I travel to, I always end up watching Zambrano at least once. That being said, I wanted to travel to San Diego the night before, to watch Pedro, for which good seats were also still available a mere 2 days before gametime. However, the weather-people were calling for rain, and we decided not to risk it. Oh well...anyway, on Sunday, we arrived early enough to accomplish 2 things- get a Randy Jones BBQ Hot Dog (best ANYWHERE in baseball!), and watch batting practice. I was able to get a lot of really good shots, and was desperate for Mr. Pedro to turn around and smile. Sadly, his back was to me almost the entire time, as he was hit with interview after interview. He stopped at the dugout to sign a bunch of shirts and balls, and apparently he was signing for about 15 minutes before running out to the outfield to get his exercise in (while I was getting my hot dog)! Oh well...I did manage to get a pretty good side shot of Pedro, while blowing a bubble, and here it is...yes, that's a bubble coming out of his mouth...after beating Atlanta this week, Pedro is now 5-0. He told Keith Hernandez "I'm no longer a thrower- now I'm a pitcher." If that's the case, let's hope this "pitcher" wins 20 for us this year, the bullpen continues to give him great support and Pedro takes the reigns of this staff for 3 more years to come...

No comments: